Most likely, your car is essential to your daily life and you take care in operating it. But you need to know that you and your car, truck or SUV are protected from loss if needed.
Our very capable agents at Lindquist Insurance in both Frederick and Annapolis, Maryland have over the years helped thousands of auto insurance policy holders find the best policy at the best rate. Whether you are a resident of Maryland (MD), Virginia (VA), Washington (DC), Pennsylvania (PA) or West Virginia (WV), we know the state guidelines so we can help you plan your coverage to meet your particular needs.
Car insurance protects you from financial loss incurred because of an automobile accident. Your auto insurance policy will dictate exactly how your insurance company will handle a claim.
Auto insurance includes three types of coverage.
- Property coverage for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage for your legal responsibility to others for their bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
A car insurance policy can have up to six elements. Your car insurance may include some or all of the following:
- Bodily injury liability coverage pays for injuries someone else suffers in an auto accident if you are at fault.
- Medical Payments or Personal Injury Protection (PIP) provides reimbursement for medical treatment suffered by you and/or your passengers during an accident.
- Property damage liability covers damage you caused to someone else’s property.
- Collision coverage pays for damages to your own vehicle in case of an upset or collision with another car or object.
- Comprehensive insurance covers your loss when you experience fire, theft, glass breakage, or damage to your vehicle from something other than collision.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage reimburses for your injuries in case of an accident involving a person without auto insurance, with lower limits that yours which are insufficient to cover your damages, or with a "hit-and-run" driver.
Optional coverages to add to your policy:
- Rental Car Reimbursement
- Emergency Towing
- Loan Security Protection
Liability limits, deductibles, additional coverages can vary to meet your needs.
Auto insurance rate discounts might be available.
It is often possible to further reduce your auto insurance costs if you qualify for one or more of the many discounts, such as:
The scope of your insurance coverage and options depend entirely upon the policy and the insurance company providing it. This website is not intended to advise, offer or bind coverage. You should always discuss your insurance issues with professionals such as a licensed and qualified insurance agent like those at Lindquist Insurance before making any decisions or choosing a course of action.